Apostille in Ukraine

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 оценок, среднее: 5.00 из 5)


Apostille is a stamp placed on documents or a separate document – a certificate. With the help of it, documents in the countries-participants of the Hague Convention are recognized as valid (legal).

What is Apostille?

The Convention consists of more than 80 countries. It was created in 1961 to abolish consular and diplomatic verification of documents of other countries.

Who is authorized to put an apostille:

  • Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine;
  • Ministry of Education of Ukraine;
  • Ministry of Justice of Ukraine.

What documents are subject to legalization?

Documents required to be used in other countries should be stamped with legalization. These include:

  • Judicial decisions;
  • Translation of a document that is notarized;
  • Education document;
  • Marriage certificate;
  • Death certificate;
  • Extract from the work book;
  • Extract from the passport;
  • Documents notarized (permits, consent, etc.) and other documents of this kind.

Documents issued by an official body, as well as notarized, can be legalized.
Apostille is not put on documents issued by the consulate and the diplomatic institution. Similarly, documents intended for customs or commercial transactions do not require such a method of assurance.

In addition to the above, the apostille is not placed on:

  • Original passport;
  • The work book;
  • Military ID;
  • Technical passport for the car;
  • Permission to carry weapons;
  • Identity card and a number of other documents.

There is a need for a double apostille. This happens when preparing documents in certain countries, where they first put a stamp on the original or a certified copy, and then need a notarized translation.

Countries requiring a double apostille: Italy, Portugal, France, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Netherlands. Belgium, Austria.

It is important to remember that the document will not be accepted for consideration if it is not readable, refers to a country that is not part of the Hague Convention. Similarly, a refusal to receive mono, if the document has any unconfirmed corrections, there are no necessary signatures and seals. Documents written in pencil are not accepted for processing.

To submit papers for legalization, follow all the rules in the opposite case, get a refusal. Contact us, and we will help you to apostille on the necessary documents, as well as we will consult.